Wednesday, March 24, 2010

meet me on mercury

The past couple days I've been a complete zombie. You miss one nights worth of sleep and its as if your life turns upside down and you don't know what's real or what's an illusion. Getting just passed that 24th hour is usually the most difficult part. Being confined to my subzero degree room, while all is quiet and still, slowly cutting and sewing fabric in a rather lame effort to not make any noise for fear your roommate and neighbors will hate you, just plain and simply sucks! By the 35th hour of this cognizant dream state, interacting with other humans almost creates this distraction so my brain had almost forgotten that it never had a night of rest. Coming home and working away as usual and by the 40th hour I became extremely exhausted but didn't want to sleep for fear of never waking up again....well, yes I'm being suuuper dramatic but that's what was going on! Here's what else. I've been working on creating a jacket I had sketched up months ago and decided to create the pattern for it for my pattern drafting class. My group came up with a theme of futuristic chic and named this Meet me on Mercury. Our styles were based around the idea of dressing up for a date on Mercury. We had vibrant shades of blues, a bit of silver and a splash of magenta in our swatches. The fabric I chose was not my original game plan. I figured rather than spend more money on fabric I could use what I had on hand. The fabric that I got from SCRAP a few weeks ago is the perfect color and weight. I've got the out side layer and lining sewn together. Just need to figure out what types of interfacing and padding to use to build up the shawl collar and angular sleeve, both of which are new styles to me. Then I need to attach the belt and the asymmetrical hem will be hand-stitched to enclose everything! Let me know what you think! Feel free to leave a comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment