Friday, June 4, 2010

flesh.

Currently I'm working on more items for flesh. but I'm finding frustration at every level...I've come to terms with the fact that I will never be 100% satisfied with my work. Here is a cape I've been sketching over and over again. I finally found that "perfect"  fabric for it so my vision of this is...well...perfect. I started off drafting a very basic cape pattern with a flat peter-pan-esque collar, adding a little more fullness from the shoulder down. After sewing in muslin I was going from feeling it didn't have the kind of drape I was going for to wanting to incorporate a sheer fabric. So from there I decided to add a few godets of chiffon, thus taking care of both issues I had. I got antsy....here's what I have so far...is less really more? Or is more alright too?







No comments:

Post a Comment